Saturday, December 17, 2005

Shopping day.

I went shopping today. Bought a toy for the Christmas gift exchange in camp. Not really for ourselves. But we are donating all the gifts collected for charity. Well, I guess the HQ want to share the Festive spirits with those less fortunate than us? (Or are they trying to reduce some bad karma?) Whatever it is, I hope the small gifts on our part can bring some joy to the kids. :P

I bought a book for myself, another for my friend. I got myself Morrie in his own Words. Sounds familar? Those of you that have read Tuesdays With Morrie will know who I am talking about, Professor Morrie Schwartz. Have not read the book yet. Recently, I'm not reading fast enough, will take some time to clear the outstanding books that i owed myself. Will review Morrie asap and post the comments here. Stay tuned!!

Alright, enough of my personal life. WTO meeting is causing a stir recently. With all due respect, I feel that no matter how good the trade deals are made, there cannot be enough room to cover everybody. There are bound to be some unlucky others that stand to gain nothing. The poorer nations should not be overlooked. With the all developed nations growing, its only beneficial for everybody that the gains made, are used to aid the poor. Afterall, the basic necessitites for our survival come from these developing nations where the cost of production is low. Trade restrictions are not without its pros and cons. No doubt careful considerations are required, but i hope a compromise can be soon, easing the tensions that at raising fast.

In order to gain, sometimes, you must take a step back. The US made a compromise over cotton tariffs. It is a small step, but no doubt the other organisations such as the EU, can draw some experience on this matter, bring some consolation over the apparent failure of the trade talks over the impasse of agriculture issues. Afterall, we all don't want to bite the hand that feed us, do we?

Ok, I shall not be too economical here. It is getting a bit dry, I know. Shall end here perhaps?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home