Sunday, May 22, 2011

911

The painful truth is I'm no longer 22. Like duh. Gone are the days where I can just sign up for a run and then just go for it. Haha ridiculous as it sounds but the hard truth hit me today, and boy it was painful. You see, I signed up for the PAssion Run 25km race. Back when I signed up for it, I was pretty sure that I had sufficient time to prepare for it. But about 2 months before the run, I kinda injured my left leg through some unknown means. Yes it sounds stupid that I woke up with that mysterious pain in my foot. Took about 1 month for the pain to go away entirely. There you have it, I merely started the run today with the intention to finish before the cut off timing. Haha.

I regretted even turning up for the run. The sun was merciless. I wanted to give up after 2km. I swear it was the longest time I took per distance ran. Not to mention upon entering coast road, the Changi control tower was up to its trick again. You'll know what I mean if you knew what I went through for my 72km march. Aka it appeared at the same spot no matter how much you've walked/ran. It was mental. I didn't suffer cramps but it was painful. Muscles were tight and had some blisters. Oh well.

I am glad its over. Don't foresee myself doing more than a 10km run next time when I'm not prepared. I am not 22 anymore. Rofl.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home