Saturday, February 04, 2006

Ice Skating.

3rd Feb 2006. The day started with waking up super early after a late night of gaming. Had to take a train all the way from home to Jurong East. Meeting the guys for Brunch/Lunch and ice skating after that. Well, initially I was only supposed to be a spectator. But...


Since the ticketing system for groups is such that groups of 4 persons skate unlimited, and there were only 11 person skating, I was included into it to make it worthwhile. Becoz YH was late. Ok, I'm a complete newbie at skating. I've never tried it before. So, kinda nervous when donning my skates. Getting into the rink for the 1st time, feelin' a bit the scared la. Actually, HW and me are the only 2 there who cannot skates. The others can at least glide on the ice and brake. All thanks to the previous experiences of roller blading in camp.

Wasn't too crowded earlier on.

So, the first hour was spent trying to at least move on the ice without falling. I think I did ok for a starter. It is kinda shag, trying to keep my balance all the time. Skating till 1pm, we had to stop for them to resurface the ice. So, after ard 20 mins, we started skating again. This time, I can move freely on the ice le, but I still cannot brake. The only way I can stop is either letting myself slow to a halt of with the aid of the rink wall. Soon, disaster struck. I fell. Butt first. Pants and shirt getting wet. Felt so sian. So painful. I think ard 10 mins later, I fell again. At the exact same spot!! Same senario. Haiz..

Taking a breather by the rink wall.

A few of them fell also. Eugene, Bennett, Zonkie(a lot of times), Timothy, WJ etc.. I think KH got it worst. He fell face first, hitting his nose and chin and teeth.


KH with his injured chin. Nose stopped bleeding le.

In the rink, there were other little girls practicing their routines with their coaches. So elegant.

See the little girl in blue in her routine? Very nice.

The girl in purple is also very good.

We left soon after a group of primary school kids arrived. They have ice skating as a CCA! Cool!!

Made my way to City Hall to pick up something before heading to Orchard.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home