Sunday, October 30, 2011

The day I became a tourist. Yes, I went to Universal Studios today. Very hot and humid, thankfully though, because it was raining the entire week. So today, the heavens decided to spare us. Wasn't that crowded in the day, but the night event was a whole different story altogether. The park isn't very big, and the rides ain't as fast as what you would expect, tame in fact. Wasn't that crowded for a Saturday, queue time was reasonably short, Jurassic Park rapids ride was closed for upgrading till early 2012, was a good experience overall though. Oh did I mention the Cylon ride in the night rocks? Totally different feeling from that in the day. 

The park was partially open with selected rides for the Halloween Horror Night event. Man, the horror wasn't the ghouls and zombies lurking in the dark corners, but the long queue and wait to get into attractions. Haha. Oh well, it wasn't too bad for a first attempt by RWS, but either they open more area of the part next year and spread the crowd, or risk the same thing happening again. They had employees stationed at the exit gathering feedback for the event, so hopefully they use the information wisely. 

On a side note, I have this unhealthy fascination with taking photos that are, lets just say different, read:gore,scare, you get the point. So I was pleasantly surprised that I had some very cooperative ghouls and spirits that obliged me with their best, or worse, side when I was attempting to capture them on film. Here are some of them before I head off to sleep. I think the Siamese Twins in the red light are kinda cool. :D 





















0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home