Sunday, January 01, 2012

2012


A little recap for the last week of the year. I ate so much that I felt I've put on a good 10kg alone in the past week lmao. Japanese, steak, a little beer, steamboat, ice cream. Yeah, pretty much all of those. In an attempt to negate those calories, I ran a couple of times too, also to clear my head. It is the end of the year after all.

It has been a pretty tame year. I didn’t travel that many times too. Only left the country for our friendly neighbor up north.

To be honest, I cannot recall how my year went by without referring to what I have written down physically. Even so they may not be entirely accurate. By receiving the iPad 2, purchasing the Macbook pro, and contemplating on which iPod to lay my hands on for replacement, I somewhat became a fanboy for the cult that is Apple. Only lacking the phone to complete the collection it seems. However the chance of me getting it is very low. Given that I have fat fingers and it sports a touchscreen keyboard, the two factors don't go too well. 

In 2011 I have seen friends tying the knot, and I will be seeing friends who tie the knot in 2012. I am not anti-marriage but I am against whole timeline thingy that we are seemingly brought up with. We are instilled with the idea that when you arrived at certain age band thresholds there lie upon objectives to be completed, almost like a checklist. We have become a population of somewhat mechanical in nature. No surprises given that the system in place was designed this way, it makes control over the people easier. Oh well and we do what we do best, that is to rant and complain about it, but eventually accepting things the way they are and moving on. Lmao?

I still visit bookshops, but they seemed to be closing down one after another. I wasn’t too affected by Borders’ closing though, never had a liking for that place. I found it messy and lacking the atmosphere that a bookshop should have for browsing. Thankfully Kinokuniya is still standing. There is this certain charm of shopping physically for books? Walking and browsing the shelves, the different people that you encounter along the way. Noisy ones, young ones, serious ones, bored companions; never know what you will encounter. And if not for the constraint of storing them, there is nothing quite like holding a physical book and flipping through the pages. Correction. There is nothing like holding a physical book in your hand.



Some random issues that I can think of the top of my head as I sit here with a hot cup, book and some music. 


Have a blessed year ahead in 2012, wherever you are whatever you will be doing. 


Everything will turn out alright, eventually.

1 Comments:

Anonymous you-know-who ;) said...

if only there was a like button like fb, i wanna like your post! haha. that everything will turn out alright, eventually. haha.

hope 2012 will be a better yr!=)

Monday, January 02, 2012 9:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home