Sunday, June 24, 2012

The one day we went underwater.

I was at the bookshop last night. Some damage was unavoidable despite having to pay a higher premium for them, read: higher cost for books than bought online. I have a Kindle touch yet I continue to buy physical prints; I know there are cheaper alternatives yet I shop in a bookstore; and how we sometimes have to be most cordial and play nice to the person that we hate the most; life is full of irony. I am full of irony.

Playing nice doesn't equate to being nice. In fact I feel playing nice is in a way more insulting than being outright mean. I know I am mean, and can be difficult and highly critical. They are usually reined in but there are moments that I loosen a little. Frustrations when by others doesn't operate on the same wavelength or galaxy as me, or even on the simple same page. Which is why I can't never be a teacher, or teach properly. Many a things I take for granted that it is known to us, like logic, but I realised that stuff isn't that way most of the time. What is logic or idiot proof to me can be totally Greek to the uninitiated. The real cases I'm always forgiving. But there are some of those that are taking you for granted, outright. It is the latter that I have issues with, all the time. That is where playing nice usually comes in. I really hate to make a mockery out of your mental capacity; and that takes effort to do so too. Mean stuff doesn't just appear in the air above me for me to pluck at will. What is more agonising is when the sarcasm didn't convey its message across; which often leads me to think if the opposite party is really dense and dumb. Oh well, perhaps I really did thought too highly of some people. The joke's on me, oh the irony. Rant.

On a separate note, it was good to know that I have friends who actually thought so highly of me, even I'm embarrassed to say. And they can be scarily accurate too. So it works both way and now I'm on the receiving end.

Pool session today was a barbeque. Baked in the half length wetsuit but it was small price to pay to protect myself from being baked red. Though there were some spots that got burnt from missing them with the sunblock. I will do better next week in Dayang. Was somewhat nervous while executing the drills, but nothing can't solved with a little getting used to underwater. After all, it had been a good 2+ years since. Hovering felt okay, and despite only the 2m depth, I think my buoyancy exceeded my expectation. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home