Monday, January 16, 2012

Okay, this post is a week late. I started this on the night when the moon is full, and now the moon is already disappearing in preparation for the end of the lunar year next week. I finished the book, 1Q84, took a while to do so because I couldn't quite get into a mood to finish it up. But I stepped out of the world of Aomame, Tengo and Fuka-Eri eventually. I thought the book was at its best in the first one third. Things started to get draggy and characters were written off; plots that held so much promises but were not fully developed. It could have been so much more, but perhaps it was this abruptness that made it unique, his style, always leaving you asking the what-ifs and why nots. Opening and closing, that I can do.

If you can't understand it without an explanation, you can't understand it with an explanation.

One week to the new lunar year, the feast on the pineapple tarts has started. It has been a childhood favourite of mine. I can do without the rest of the goodies, just gimme my pineapple tarts. Heh. 

Have you looked at the moon lately? Is it any different? :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home