Thursday, December 12, 2013

It was back in 2012 when..

Came across this post that I've saved in the draft. Wrote most of it last year, at around this time as well. Added onto it while at the same time weeding away those less relevant now. So... Here goes..

"Last month of the year counting down to 2013. Yet another 300 plus days flew by without us noticing anyway. Some places which I've driven past recently resembled nothing of that I have in my memories, changes aplenty everywhere. Changes to you and me. 

Last month the 0.3mm yellow Pilot mechanical pencil which I had since 2000 or 2001 for biology lesson decided to act up. Yes that one pencil which our bio teacher 'encouraged' us to get after having to deal with one too many untidy and messy drawings for the boys. I tried repairing it to no avail then. So I bought a replacement in sleek silver. And a couple of days after the yellow little one decided it three enough of a fit and returned to work. Right. So now I'm stuck with a silver elephant in my pouch. Speaking of which, my mechanical eraser had also been with me since 2000. And I've only just replaced the eraser within. So had the little pouch that I've been using as the stationary case. And here you are must be thinking in this digital age who the hell still writes.. Haha... Me. And I do look forward to receiving physical handwritten mails. The thought flow is entirely different when you're starring  at pixels and diodes as compared to you spinning the pen while trying to be grammatically correct.

It isn't easy to let go; tangible or not, physically or emotional. Doesn't help when you can't remember to forget. Exorcising the baggage of yesteryears is never an easy task. But I can say I've gotten over most of the you(s) and it(s) that appeared in my life. Thank you for helping me grow up a lil. And for taking care of me then. 

I've always find December to be depressing. That last month whereby you take stock of what you've done, or didn't over the past 330 days. The resolutions that you've swore upon yourself that you'll fulfill, like for the past years, but always ended up procrastinating. There's always a sense of idealism in life, but more often than not it is far from ideal. Well just gotta manage it. " 

So that was the little bit that I wrote one year ago. Was pretty interesting looking back at it. Of course the original draft was less polished la. With no structure and all.. Hahah.. Well. Things are better now, not necessarily rosier. But I am thankful, and I'm grateful.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home