Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Nostalgia.

It has been 2 yrs 6 mths since I was enlisted for National Service.

It has been 1 yr 8 mths since I became a Full-Time Operational Soldier.

It has been 1 yr 2 mths since we became the Best Ops company, and 1 CDO clinching BCU.

It has been 10 mths since I took part in NDP 2005

It has been 2 mths since I have ORD-ed.

It has been 1 mth since I came back from States.

Looking back at all my NS experience, I dare to say mine is an unique one that can never be replicated. Never will I forget all the laughter, joy, sweat, tears and blood that we have shed and shared with each other back in Hendon.

Going thru all the @#$&^^% together; airborne, endless outfield and missions. We often sit down and wonder, how did we ever endure so much shit? We really don't have the answer. Perhaps it is the sheer will and determination of each other that forced us to go on. Not wanting to become a burden to your buddy, your body subconsciously push u to beyond the limit you thought possible to you. Can I ever find that in me? I don't know. Really.

When you are in it, you are always looking forward to the ORD date. When the day finally come, some times u can be at a loss too. Everything that happened may seem so surreal. Turn outs, route marches, out fields, mission preps. Gosh.

As our ORD date drew closer, no doubt we are overjoyed that this period of liability is soon to be over. But we can't help but feel sad also. This wonderful story that featured all of us as a lead had a grand opening. Tales in between are unforgettable. It is no doubt that even the most amazing stories had to end, some day.

As our journey came to an end, I am certain that each and everyone of us had taken with us, a valuable lesson learnt during the course of our journey. The belief that we will stand up for and never give up on anyone had led us so far. The coy spirit had seen us overcoming the various odds that stood in our way. Holding onto the values that we have learnt, I am sure that everyone will have his day.

Never will I forget the times we have spent.

To quote: I've come to realise that no matter the amount of physical or mental strength that I possessed, I would never have made it this far without the finest men who have shed his blood, sweat and tears with me. These men whom I met as strangers, but will now part as my brothers.

I am both proud and honoured to have known these people in my journey.

These Men of Valour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home