Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Where should I start. It feels like there is so much I want to talk about tonight. Let me try. Weather first? It was a wet wet wet day today. So much that the temperature the entire day was so darn good. I wish for temperature like these everyday. Also, the wet and grey weather brings with it, a certain sense of melancholy. :)

Actually that is all I wanted to say. Really?

Have you ever felt how sometimes, there are certain episodes of life that seems to be making a mockery out of you? Like how things that you have longed to have happen really happened at a time when you least wanted it to? Or how things that you have wanted and hoped for, only seems for it to be on the top floor of a castle guarded by many dragons and treacherous traps? Of course I meant the obstacles along the way. No doubt the obstacles were in place to weed out the weak-hearted and reward those true to their causes.

What if, someone was hindered something in his life that is stopping him from clearing that final step? Like say the switch to the door is 2metres off the ground, and our dear hero is only, sadly, 1.2metres tall? Try as he might, there is no way he can reach the switch. Barring any abnormal arm lengths, tools that he can use, item he can stand upon to enhance his height. So is he not destined to claim his reward? Should it be his fault, or even his undoing to be stopped dead in his track, with that final door to his dreams? I mean, we cannot decide how we are born, and we cannot choose how we are born. Right? Despite him clearing the toughest of tough obstacles on his journey, we will just have to say to him, " Hard luck, buddy. There are some things in life that we cannot control." Will others we can, it might just not be the time, yet.

I don't know why, but I am reminded of Mark, Juliet and Peter. If you know what I am talking about. :)

*edited :)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey. I think it's in reference to me. I think. I was never so sure. I guess you are right to a certain extent. That final obstacle is the most important to me. Perhaps if you had at least tried, things might have been different. I don't know. Perhaps it was fear of the unknown. Perhaps it wasn't worth the effort. Perhaps you were just sure of a negative outcome.

I suppose I need someone who thinks me worthy enough to try, even if the final obstacle seems a far reach, all I can say is that I would have waited should you said you will seek.

Well maybe things are how it should be. Perhaps the hero is still a young one growing up. Or perhaps another door that isn't so high up is the door you were looking for.

Tuesday, March 10, 2009 9:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home