Sunday, January 22, 2012

Time out reading with the oldest friend at the new hideout. What started as a hot and sunny day ended with it being wet and gloomy. The storm arrived just as I was about to leave the house, so the plan was postponed for an hour while we waited the storm out. Came across that rainbow in the sky as I headed out. Now where is that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow? Or the leprechaun?

The peace that we hoped for was none to be found, for as long as that huge family was there. Their kids even started singing, thankfully their elders were quick to hush them. The outing ended with dinner at Chomp Chomp, a rather late one that is. Always nice catching up with the oldest friend.

Surprisingly all I had thus far since two weeks ago was a small container of pineapple tarts. Okay a few pieces of other snacks here and there, but I touched no barbequed pork this year. Sometimes I surprises even myself. Heh.

There are bits and pieces of everything everywhere that I am finding it hard to place everything together and come up with something logical. Top of my mind now, when one decided that he simply couldn't care less anymore; I am like that, at certain phases of life.

I'll continue later when I wake up.



The trouble is you can never replicate the exact emotions that you were experiencing when thinking about certain issues, on another separate day. What you want to say will most probably end up with a totally different mood to what you had in mind. It will linger, but from the moment I decided to think about it later, the desired effect was lost already.

The thought flow when typing versus writing it physically is entirely different. I am inclined to be ambiguous, patronizing or even politically correct when I type. I beat around the bush a lot, if you don't know what I was referring to. Opening and closing with no real conclusion in sight.

When one blogs, there is this part of us wishing for attention. It doesn't have to be in the form of compliments or criticisms; sometimes serving as an outlet whereby it would be a simple form of sharing, personal or not, with whichever random soul that may chance upon it. 


I guess it is the complete opposite when i write it down. It gets a lot more personal, no doubt, for I know the content will be safe from prying eyes and unintended recipients. Of course it will get emotional as well. After all, it is somewhere where we can finally remove the layers of armour that we piled upon ourselves to protect against this rough journey called life.

-edited.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home