Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Yes I've been very unmotivated with words. One part because I was sleeping so much under the influence of medication for the better half of last week, the other being there's so much things to unpack from the boxes. Lol. Yes, baggage no matter how you look at it.

This is what I meant.
 And these are the remaining books awaiting the book shelves. Lol.. 
 On a totally unrelated note, probably the nicest calamari I've eaten.
 
 And gin infused cucumber in the G&T concoction that is weirdly refreshing.
 And I think this is one of the oldest, and internationally featured block of flats in the TPY area. 

The room's done finally, all the kinks ironed out, cannot say the same for the house though. J is gonna be in such deep shit that I can't see how he's going to get out of. And I have absolutely no pity for him except to rub my hands in glee awaiting the drama. Who on earth will give you a hole of 57cm to fit a conventional built-in oven of width 60cm? Oh that's right, J. And boy did he give us 60cm alright, 60cm inclusive of the wooded edges. LMFAO, talk about having an arse for brain.

Earlier the month I was back for my final in-camp reservist training. It was by far the slackest, yet toughest one. Why the contradictory? Well, slackest because we didn't have anything physical to do; and toughest for having to will away the many hours of meaningless wait. Yeah it was so mental. The cohort actually ended theirs last year but thanks to us deferring once, we had to have ours one year later. The good thing is that it is all over.

There was actually a surreal feeling when it all ended. The realisation that we'll no longer be served the SAF 100 for ICT callups, no more IPPTs IPTs RTs or whatever, that all the stuff in our kit bag are officially obsolete, this annual paid two weeks holiday will never be again, the list can go on. The fact remains that we've done our part for the nation and we stood down.

This journey which began nearly a decade ago took me places that I'll never expect to find myself in(think, in the lush primary forests of Brunei with a GPS that don't work, rofl); met people from all walks of life each bringing with them their own unique experiences and skills; the memories and friendships forged through common suffering.

As we collected our watches and certificates, and my beret tucked safely back at where it belonged (between my mattress and bed); it was unspoken and somewhat poignant but deep inside everyone of us we knew that although this phase is over, it will never be, for friends you've made in Hendon are friends for life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home