Wednesday, January 01, 2014

Flashback 2013

Looking back.

Started the year with TL's 结婚三部曲. One whereby it led us to the most happening road trip so far. The drive up Malacca was anything but uneventful. Even before we set off from the car collection, the vehicle had already needed to pay a visit to the workshop. Talk about an ominous sign. Next up, the aircon didn't work for most part of the drive. Coming on in bouts of 5-10min, then requiring a lengthy 'recharge'. And on the drive back the car died on us after we had gone to the loo, no thanks to me being the one who initiated the pee break. Hahaa.. By a stroke of luck we made it back home. SGF5205D, we will not forget you. 

Followed up the eventful drive with a diving trip to Ao Nang, Krabi. It was the first I felt sick underwater, from going against the current. Like what I've logged, you know you're in trouble when local residents are stationary in the water, despite them already finning very hard. Indeed when in a different world, we play by their rules.

Night trail run left us caked and smelling of mud the entire day. Part I of why we pay to suffer.

River Safari didn't have the boat ride yet; and the lighting in the SEA aquarium was a tad too blue.

The big clean up at home prior to renovation. It was liberating to be finally thrashing some of the stuff, physical and emotional. Stuff which were long closed but left dangling simply because I didn't bother to thrash. Baggages.

The haze episode was apparently the most searched on the web this year. There were times whereby I thought I was driving in/to the twilight zone. 

The renovation episode made me feel like I was dealing with myself. One who asked too many whys, but himself reluctant to answer someone else's. I tried to be nice, I really did. But in the end, I didn't. Haha. That was when I made a mental note to refrain from asking why. If I can. But proving unsuccessful. Hahahahah.

Reinforced the notion that we shall not take common sense for granted, for the next person you meet might have none.

USA trip proved eventful. For both the right and wrong reasons. I was pretty disappointed that I didn't get to watch Phantom, either in Broadway or locally. Neither did I do any geeky visits to those awesome museums in DC. Are we looking at the 4th trip to the land of the free? Hah I think we are.

August, the end of the NS cycle following the most happening in camp reservist ever. Where the number of days we spent out in the field this time is equal to the sum of the previous 5 in camps combined. Somewhat poignant but knowing that IPPT will never haunt me ever again just brought the grin back onto my face. :J

Fair share of steamboats in August and September. Not forgetting the memorable blast we had during mid autumn. 啊。。 我很怕。。。

The 6 or 7 weddings that I attended this year. People either got married, or broke up after very long. That few I know of, after spending a good part of their youth together decided to cut their losses. Although it does seem disheartening, but I guess the consolation from that lies in you perhaps knowing better what is it that you're looking for really.

In an ideal universe, you'd be my soul mate.

Commando challenge was caked and smelling of mud, part 2. Why do we pay to suffer again? When we could have gone for dim sum instead. Ha.

A decade of friendship with the PTP gang. 10/12/2003

December was the month of randoms. Just when I thought the year couldn't get any more ordinary, it certainly didn't disappoint.The impromptu-ness and spontaneity injected a much welcomed burst of life into what would be an otherwise depressing December, as usual. The brunches and dinners, unplanned meet ups and the most last minute decision to catch a play, wild weather and all. It was an eventful month and it came when I was least expecting. But I can do with randomness. :D

Counted my blessing for all the people that appeared, old and new. I must have used up all the good that I've accumulated, for 2013. The year had been especially nice to me towards the end. I am thankful.

2014 can indeed be something different. I'm hopeful.


I was pretty torn between this or the all time fav of Always @ Wembley 1995. Here goes.




1 Comments:

Anonymous V said...

All e best!

Wednesday, January 01, 2014 9:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home