Thursday, April 24, 2008

5, 3.5, 5

The moment the website failed to load, I knew something was wrong. A quick glance at the modem confirmed my worst fears. Instead of the usual 5 lights, I see 3 on with 1 blinking. I know exactly what the problem is. Like all things aged, they are very prone to problems. And problems concerning that of electronics can be a tricky and messy issue.

When this problem struck me again, it dawned upon me how dependent we are on the internet in this age. The internet which acts as a mode of communication with whoever on the other end of Skype or Live Messenger; the source of the latest updates from all walks of life, sports and even celebrities’ gossips; Youtube; (illegal) movies online and so much more that we can think of.

Just imagine waking up the next day not able to access your email; your Blackberry doesn’t connect; and the many instances whereby we used the internet for our so many different purposes. God, that is unimaginable.

Since there wasn’t anything I could have done, I started typing this after awhile. Even though I was occupied by this post, I didn’t forget to re-power my modem hoping for the best to happen. This entire episode lasted about 40 minutes, what seems to be the longest 40 minutes of tonight.

As I was finishing this post, the 5 lights lit up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home