Friday, May 09, 2008

Happy.Random.People.

It is always nice to see people feeling happy. I guess making people happy in a sense will make you a little happier? Sometimes seeing the smile forming on their faces will trigger a genuine response on your own canvas. A genuine one which crinkles the eye area as well. I guess it is a reflex yet not a reflex action?

Life often drops its own unexpected gifts that you pick up along the way, simply to bring that long forgotten smile and laughter to your life. With absolutely no intentions to objectify, but friends are one of those. Not just any friends, but those with matching frequency that you are really totally at ease talking to, opening up to.

Well perhaps the more amazing thing is sometimes, it is a surprise gift. Something unexpected. Someone who seemingly just appearing at the moment when you feel really jaded with everything else that is going on around you. Someone whom you never imagine talking to, your paths never crossed, yet it was 一见如故 (can't find a nicer word to replace this I guess, medicine and late night just doesn't go well together haha!). It just made the world seem a little less cruel I guess. At least it seems that there are people who still care. I don't know if you care, but I do I guess. I don't know if I am making sense here.

Anyway I read from a particular RED covered book that feature a chicken man (some of you will know that book), that we no longer smiling because we are happy. We are smiling now because we want to tell people we are happy. Notice the subtle difference? A little difference in phrasing actually meant something entirely different. And I guess its pretty easy to detect a make believe smile from a genuine one? It just takes a little heart I guess. Kind of sad when you think about it.

Sometimes we just need to put a little heart to into the little things we do to make everything a little bit more bearable for in this cruel and unforgiving world.

Life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home