Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Kukup

And eventful trip to Kukup. A riding trip that is. Met at Kit Runners at ECP before heading back to school to spend the night. Rode out in the wee hours of Saturday morning to Kranji, crossed the Causeway using the motorcycle lane (1st time for me), and then headed out to Kukup. Was rain delayed at Serene Centre Macs for sometime though. Riding out, the weather wasn't too bad, sun wasn't too strong. Perhaps the speed was just a tad too slow. Aching back for someone who wasn't rode in a long time. Luckily there are nice guys to bitch with, haha, the usual suspects. And I was the 1st puncture casualty. :( damn suay.

Have no idea why I was feeling so shag, perhaps cause I was kinda ill to begin with. Mental strength took me to within the last 20km or so from Kukup. I can't ride anymore. Damn sian about it. Crashed after washing up at the guest house.


The guest house

Woke up to the last call for dinner.

It rained during the night. All that was outside was wet.

The packet of nasi lemak that is breakfast.

Was in the car with Chi-hao the next day as they rode out of Kukup. Photo whore of the day. Cam corder and camera that is. Before long, an incident struck. Ce-wei hit a back wheel and he crashed. An uncle riding past us on his motorbike told us about it. We rushed back and treated him. He can't continue and we had to load him onto the car. Fast forward a bit. Suji crashed also. Worst than Ce-wei. To think that he was almost ran over by a van(according to Mingwen), gosh. I guess we never pray the night before huh? There were some minor incidents along the way too, but nothing significant.

Suji is down, so I changed and took over cycling. I wasn't at 100%, but I know my limits, so I cycled. Journey back was fine, albeit a few punctures and stuff, we made it to the Causeway. Not before Chong's car's tire got stuck in a drain. The drain cover gave way when we drove onto it. Can you imagine how weak the cover is? The friendly neighbour up north, enough said. Haha. Cleared using the motorcycle lane again, but back in Singapore, we were directed to use the car lane! Woots! Clearing the car lane on a bicycle, 1st time, cheap thrill. Haha. After that rode home but realised that I had Ryan's valuables with me. So I made an extra trip down school. No choice.

All in all, the trip was eventful, mostly not in the good sense. Was damn lucky that nothing worst happened. Malaysian drivers are observed to be somewhat friendlier given that they bother to block the traffic and give way to us when we had to change lanes, and also offer their assistance when people crashed. In comparison, we where honked at the moment we rode in Singapore. Hmm?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home