Monday, March 31, 2008

The future?

I woke up from a nightmare today. And till now as I type, I can still remember some of the distinctive portions of it. It is quite amazing how we tend NOT to remember our dreams moments after waking up. Perhaps I should share some of the nightmare this morning.

“I was clearly all alone at home. And as sudden as it seems, the entire apartment started shaking violently. But I
realised that it was only just me on the house that is in the shake. It felt like an internal earthquake affecting only me. There I was hapless in my own apartment; it was disheartening to say the least. As if not contented with trapping me in an earthquake house, monsters were then introduced to join in the fun. Along with the appearance of these ‘friends’ are conventional weapons which I know how to operate. So I waged a one man war against these unknown begins, all in an unbalanced state. The only saving grace was when the sms came in this morning. It woke me up. No I didn’t jolt up to a body of cold sweat thank you, rather the waking up was normal.

There is a Chinese saying in which quoted that what you dream at night is simply what your mind desired in the day. And since dreams are supposedly outlets of stress when you rest your body, could this be telling me something? Something that exists in my subconscious is trying to tell me something, something which I have been suppressing for too long. Something which I have been trying to hide in the midst of all that is happening around me. It is perhaps time to pay the due. All that has a beginning should have an end soon.

In the afternoon, there was this middle aged couple selling ice cream on wheels this afternoon in the car park below my flat. I was just about heading out, so I went to get myself one. That old school type of ice cream which is scooped from the huge tub of many flavours. I ordered bread and to my amazement, the lady gave me six scoops! Never did I, in my memory, ever get six scoops in a single order before. The maximum was usually five. And mind you these six scoops were full scoops, not like how some who gave 5 incomplete scoops. Not that I am anal about such things, but I guess it says a lot about people.

Haha honestly I was really happy at that instant, the type of happy which I only felt when I was a kid. The type of pleasantly surprised kind of happy. It just goes to show how much we have been missing out since growing up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home