Sunday, June 15, 2008

Cheese and 78 dollars

The old has to make way for the new when the time arrives.The system is now running on 2Gb memory at long last, it's about damn time too. The impact is not impressively great, but it is significant enough to feel. Especially multi-tasking between iTunes, Firefox(a few windows) and of course WoW. The biggest beneficiary has got to be WoW. The loading lag after each ride is more or less, gone? :)

The PC Show was a killer, as usual. Laptops flew off the stacks on the pellet, clinging onto the hands of humans, of all ages and sizes. Every booth that I walked past; every item that I cast my eyes upon; every brochure that I glanced at; there was this familiar voice trying its best to made its way into my head with this simple phrase,"It's time for a replacement, time to buy me home!" Temptations galore! The biggest of them all, is perhaps that simple piece of white. I greedy,am not. Perhaps it is shameless lust. But no sooner than that, rivals began to appear in the form of the cute and, more sceptical to be a subject of an impulsive buy due to its attractive and affordable tag, of the UMPCs. Think Eee PC, 398 no less. Oh did I forget to mention Product Red? Oh no I didn't, I won't allow that. :P

The sane and rational consumer did not fall to the dark side, he did fought the One Ring. The only time he appeared to thread the borders was that highly suspicious $1 buy, that bundle buy which he assumed it was not for sale in the first place. Hmm. Fishy. But still, that lone cd in its sleeve found its way into his bag.

And so the take away from the session was just 2 pieces of ram modules. Despite the visual onslaught he was subjected to, the damage suffered was a moderate 2 figure. Damage control at one of its most effective instances. How every, the sight of people carting away Sony Bravia is intriguing. Cheap? Good? Or simply excess bad batch they can't wait to get rid? Hmm.

Cheese was involved in all my meals since 12am on the 14th. One bad, the other two, good so to speak. Interesting discussions and conclusions about the gender difference kept things going. But it seems that has always been the highlights of all the conversations. A little sightseeing followed after dinner. Traffic, both organic and inorganic were of abundance. The sad truth in life. The paths that people take. Freewill? Not? The choice is always there, choosing is another matter altogether. Humans are creature of comfort. *I simply cannot recall that term I want to use to describe the following*, period.

Question of the day: Did you / have you missed your parents when you were young.

Honestly, I really don't know how to answer it... ... Perhaps you MIGHT pick up something from all the posts here, maybe you will not. I really don't know. Because I know that as when I am typing these, some feelings at that time, was subconsciously infused into these very words and sentences. Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home